Friday, February 26, 2010

Toddler's pants/shorts

I know there is not much of use coming out of DC these days. I think I may have found a task they could accomplish and one that I am comfortable with.

Is there a reason there need to be four different closing systems on the clothes? Here are the ones I can think of: snap, plastic button, the clasp (like on adult dress pants), the big button that they put on denim.

This creates almost too much challenge for me when Cole is jumping up and down in front of the toilet and I'm trying to figure out the closure design of the pants he is wearing and get them down without damaging them and before .... you get the picture.

I propose the simple snap for all their pants.

3 comments:

Maryanne said...

Once they're potty trained elastic for the foreseeable future (Alexander still vastly prefers sweats and those mesh type pants with elastic and a drawstring, and has a hard time with buttons and snaps)

Mark Butler said...

If parents really had a strong preference, the market would solve this problem!

Andrew said...

Dad, I agree about the market. The problem is that price is often the determining factor and the styles are determined by some designer somewhere. I was also hoping to redirect some attention so that the market could solve other problems.