Two down. We just finished our paper that is due this afternoon. And I just sold back some textbooks - not to the bookstore where they give you 3% of what you paid for it, but through textbooksrus.com. I was pleased with the amount they paid for them, even if it was only because books are "included" in my tuition and fees and so I do not know what I was really charged for the books.
Earlier this week Mindy pulled the weeds in the front yard. Cole kind of helped. Mostly he sat under the oak tree (this is not an oak tree is the sense of the majestic oak that most people think of) and examined acorns and discussed their relative sizes. He was quite cute about it. Later on I pulled weeds while Mindy went through my test review.
The adult-sized hat worked really well. It shaded his entire face and neck.
I know I complain about the summers here, but the winters are incredible. It has been almost 80 all week and then cools down to 45 at night. We're really enjoying the time outside.
Parker now makes believe he is asleep. We need to get pictures of it.
I took Cole when I went to drop off my textbooks at the shipping place. On the way home we drove by the municipal airport (who knew there were still so many airworthy biplanes) and there was a helicopter flying toward us. "Look Dad, it is coming straight at us. Its white." He is quite observant. Sometimes in the late afternoon we are able to see 4-5 contrails at a time as well as the airplanes on approach to Phx and the small ones for the local airport. He will explain to me which airport each plane is going to land at. He explains that the jet airplane lands at the big airport and the small plane lands at the small airport. Yesterday I pointed out an airplane with a blue belly. This got him talking and asking about planes having bellies.
Later this afternoon I took Parker to Sam's Club. He didn't want to sit in the seat, so he sat in the back for a while. Then he wanted out and walked next to me until he got tired and then he did what Cole does, put his feet on the bottom rack and held on to the side of the cart. It reminds me of straphangers for some reason. Maybe Mindy will let me try it some day when we go to the store. I watched him closely, until I stopped and then I realized that the cart suddenly felt like it was dragging something. I was kind of dragging Parker along and he was trying to get his feet underneath him. It didn't bother him. He then helped put everything on the belt, and later at the car, handed me everything to put in the trunk.
Despite all this excitement, having friends over all day, getting 10 hours sleep last night and a one-hour nap, he is still awake. After leaving him in his bed for 2 hours we let him out a half-hour ago. He wasn't crying, just jumping up and down, taking his bottle apart, banging on the mirror doors (a mighty impressive sound through the monitor), and having many conversations with himself and his animals. He was quite pleased with himself.
This was dinner from a few Sundays back. It tasted as good as it looks.
Parker came downstairs a couple of weeks back really angry about something. Turned out one of his toy apples that is held together with velcro stuck to his diaper. At first I thought it was a piece of a Mr. Potatohead with the pointed end and understood why he was so angry, but it was just velcro. I promise that we sometimes put pants on him.
No comments:
Post a Comment