Sunday, February 7, 2010

The boys

So I went to church early today to get a bunch of things done. When Mindy brought the boys in they were both wearing blue shirts and ties. They were so handsome. Cole had his tucked in and with his new haircut looked like such a big boy. Parker didn't have his tucked in but was excited to tell me that he had a baseball tie on. Mindy said he threw a massive cow when she tucked his shirt in. Cole had on some dress shoes I had picked up for Parker at DI a few weeks ago. Cole told me his shoes were too big so he had on Parker's. I'm glad he can still walk. They looked really small on him.
As for Parker and throwing fits, the kid is throwing everything right now. We finally took him to the doctor on Friday after a month of coughing. They said he had infections in both ears and prescribed a steriod and an antibiotic. I really hope his behavior since early Saturday is a result of the drugs. The kid has been a complete terror. He has been throwing trains, cars, books, and food. He has brought Cole to tears a couple of times after thumping him with things. Last night at dinner Parker picked up his big plastic sippy cup and thumped Cole on the side of the head with it. It didn't seem to both Cole very much. Parker has been quite lucky that Cole hasn't responded in kind for obvious reasons.
Today after church we were making dinner and there was a lot of yelling coming from the boys upstairs. When I went up there Cole was in the hall holding the playroom door shut with Parker inside because Parker had been throwing things at him.
Cole is really growing up. He is calming down a lot, which is a real blessing considering Parker's recent behavior. The other night he actually said triangle, instead of tricycle. He is also learning the difference between two and three. The other morning I told him he could bring two cars with us, and he came back with three and told me he'd brought three. He also knows what an oval is.
That's about all. It is going to be a crazy week.

3 comments:

Maryanne said...

Oh, so sorry about the ear infections. I hope he settles down soon too! I hear steroids can really make them crazy.

Laura said...

Poor little guy!! Breanne gets super crabby too when she isn't feeling well (that's one of my cues!!). I hope he gets better soon!

Andrew said...

We're hoping the steriods will help him catch up and get back on the growth charts. His neck was beginning to get too skinny.