So what happened this week? Monday wasn't too thrilling, Tuesday we went bowling with friends, Wednesday we got to stay up until 11pm with the boys cleaning carpet because of a spill that occurred. I'll spare you the details, but it was horrible. Mindy came home from work and I had the boys in Cole's room playing because it was the only safe room in the apartment.
It rained all day on Thursday (a steady rain), and a little bit on Friday which means that next week everything will bloom. This is a beautiful time of year in Tucson. It is amazing how a little rain can make the whole desert come alive.
On Saturday we went to the Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum again. We saw the beavers, bighorn sheep, and birds this time.
Parker used the last of his formula on Friday morning so we made the switch to real milk with him, and Cole reached the end of his bottles. Parker is far less attached to his bottles than Cole. But it has been three nights now, and Cole is doing well. Parker likes the real milk, and we figure that in a week when he is used to the flavor we will switch him from bottles to sippy cups as well. We kept just a little formula to use as incentive to drink from cups, which we think will work since they both hate the taste of formula. The toughest part with Cole has been the loss of routine. He went to bed quite late on Friday and Saturday night, so today I took him for a long walk in the afternoon, about an hour and a half and another 45 minute walk after dinner. He went to bed at a decent hour tonight.
Below are some pictures from this week. If you want to see more, go to my facebook.com page and look at them there.
2 comments:
I can't believe how big Parker is getting! He is so adorable. Good luck with the sippie cup thing. It took Breanne (though she was lots younger) a REALLY long time to figure out that she could drink out of them. Now I think she just likes them because they are different.
I love Cole resting on the curb! There's nothing like the comfy feel of concrete. I liked the Atlantic article about Chuck Shumer (Jared has always noted that cereal prices dropped a lot at some particular point).
Post a Comment