Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cole the hefter of gates

So yesterday morning I was chatting with Dad online and Cole ran over to the gate ot the kitchen behind me. He grabbed the movable portion of the gate, lifted it (so it was unlatched), opened the gate to the kitchen, retrieved a toy and left. I was impressed. Up to this point I had thought the gate was pretty secure. I've attached some photos of the gate latch, not that any of you care. We have one other gate and it is one of those old-school wood gates. Cole has found that he can push it over if necessary.






2 comments:

Maryanne said...

There are child gates on the doors (three of them into the hallway) of our nursery at church. While the adults seem to have a hard time with them, Charlie pushed one right out last week (and then decided he'd rather ride the elevator and chase his friend Hazel than go back to nursery).

Mark Butler said...

Reminds me of those stories in Mosiah about the "rising generation."