I've got lots of opinions. Right now I'm ready to share. I'm always ready to share, but right now I'm especially ready to share.
So the house was listed yesterday. We had a showing last night. The realtor scheduled 3 for today starting at 1:30. I got additional calls from a couple of other people. A 10:00am, a 3:00pm and a 4:00pm. They didn't have a lockbox on the house, so I had to be home for all of those. The 10:00am showed up and nobody else did. At 4:10 there was a car sitting out in front of the house, a realtor waiting for the people who were late. I got in the car with the boys and left. You called my number to say you were coming- how about calling that same number to say you're not coming. Oh, and be on time.
Next opinion - At the grocery store are your margins so thin that you cannot afford more than two people at checkout during the after-work rush? Then you put the organic (read overpriced) bananas in the middle of the regular bananas. So, yes, I left the bananas, which were all I had gone to the store to get at the self-checkout kiosk after it kept telling me I had stuff on the scale when I didn't.
I can't wait to go to school tonight!
A Serious Case of the Blahs
8 years ago
5 comments:
Wow, that's a lot of no-shows. What a pain. Especially when it's not even your house.
And the grocery store is just like a ring of hell. Actually I've been thinking I should re-0write Dante's Inferno with all the modern rings of hell. I think it would be quite entertaining, but I might lack the energy to do it.
I'd ride my motorcycle across the midwest in January to meet somewhere and write the book with you. What was grand was there were about 4 people who called shortly after the final no-show, and none of them were realtors, but they all got the unwelcome hello until I figured out who they were.
Yeah, I'm good at those unwelcome hellos. Oops.
If you'll travel to write, we just might have to do it. We could share it as a family around the festivus pole next year.
It could be the beginning of Butler holiday traditions. How much space will the pole take up? I need to maintain the moral high ground when it comes to totes of holiday stuff.
I had a typo in the last comment and the only choice was to delete and start over.
Post a Comment