Sunday, May 16, 2010

This is an intergalactic...

Cole was playing with what they call "Big Buzz"; the buzz lightyear that talks and Mindy walked in right as it said "This is an intergalactic..." but it cut off before it got to emergency and instead he let rip a big one. Mindy said it was hilarious.

We're missing some more furniture now. As awful and uncomfortable as the green Ledcor sofa (we called it that because Ledcor bought it for us when we moved to Tucson) was, I miss it. I also miss the TV, even though we didn't use it often since we don't have cable. Cole misses it too. It is still in the garage, the girl who bought it is coming tomorrow. After the garage sale on Saturday Cole sat in a lawn chair in the garage (it was quite warm) watching a movie. When he dropped goldfish on the floor I didn't even care.

We got rid of a whole bunch of stuff. I don't think we'll ever do one of those again. If I'm going to give stuff away, I'd rather do it knowingly and just take the stuff to DI.

Now the boys and the cats are confused. The boxes are piling up, the fridge is emptying out, and we're now to the point of just wanting it to be done.

I helped the boys build a fort this morning. It did well until Parker jumped on it and it fell apart. Then they completely trashed it and freaked out when I put it away.

Mindy taught her final Sunday School lesson today, and I did my final membership clerk stuff, including send our records to our new ward. We'll miss the ward. We've made some great friends and were welcomed from the moment we got here. We were just really getting to know people, and we'll miss it here.

None of us are going to miss the hot summer and we're looking forward to seasons, farm fresh corn on the cob, and some time with family as well as PSU in the fall.

Cole was complaining a few weeks ago about it being cold, it was probably 65. I told him he had no idea what was headed his way.

No comments: