Sunday, October 19, 2008

Week ending 10/19/08

This is a first. Cole has starting getting the crazies at bedtime, and then insisting that one of us lie (Dad's usage guide, sent after Maryanne started proofreading the posts, was a bit vague regarding this case) on the floor next to his bed. I decided that rather than just lie on the floor I would grab the computer and write. Mindy thought it would never work, but so far it is working. It is amazing how loud typing is in a quiet room. Luckily Cole is doing a bit of singing to himself. He just noticed me. We'll see how this works out. It worked. He finally fell asleep.


I had a couple of realizations this week. The first is how much I love to spend time with Cole each day after work. On Thursday I left home before Cole awoke and got home at 6:45, shortly after Cole had gone to bed (Mindy was quite relieved to have him asleep, apparently it had been a quite unpleasant two hours before he went to sleep). I really missed being able to play with him and see how excited he gets when I come home from work. He greets me with a huge smile and a toy in hand for me to play with most days. The second is that you can have Friday 'date night' at home. After the kids went to bed on Friday we got out the camera and tripod took pictures in the dark. We hadn't done that in nearly four years (the last time was the night we first kissed). We had a great time and got some interesting photos of the city and the golf course. I don't know if the 3/4 moon was a help or a hindrance, but we had a good time adjusting settings and checking out the results.

Cole has started trying to wrestle with Parker when we're not around. We can tell when this is happening by the whining plea for help from Parker. Cole will usually be on top of Parker with most of his weight on Parker having a grand time.

Parker is working on getting his knees up under himself so he can crawl in the non-army fashion. He can get to wherever he wants and seems to spend a lot of time crawling under the chairs, getting stuck, banging his head on the chairs and getting really angry.

There have also been some seating changes at the table. We were having a horrible time trying to get Cole into the booster seat or the high chair and the high chair was simply too big for Parker. Cole now sits on a chair like a big boy and Parker sits in the booster chair. Parker gets really excited at dinner time because he loves to eat what we're eating. We've been giving him bites of our food and it appears that the transition from formula and bottles will be an easy one.

I can't remember if I mentioned this previously, but one day Mindy was speaking with the downstairs neighbor and the lady told Mindy that a bobcat had taken its morning nap on her back patio. She finally called the maintenance guys to come chase it away because the cat wasn't at all bothered by her moving around inside the apartment.


I'm not going to put any pictures into this, I'll do that tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Jennifer B said...

It's funny how when they start to crawl they get stuck & can't seem to back up. Very cute. Post pictures. =)