First off, I was a bit surprised at the lack of response to the complaint two posts back about plastic slides. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks they are sub-standard, maybe everyone thought I was really angry about the whole thing. Either way, crappy plastic slides are here to stay, kind of like politicians and thistles. :)
So there have been a couple of things this week that really made me smile and think of how cute and innocent and sweet the boys are.
On Monday after work Mindy and I were talking and Cole disappeared. Those with kids know that silence is never good when the kids are awake. Maybe little girls or other kids are different, but if Cole is quiet, you had better go check on him. Back to Cole, he got quiet so I went looking for him. He had pushed his way into the bathroom (we've been using a 40lb. bucket of cat litter to keep him from getting into the bathroom while keeping the room accessible for the critters) and was standing on his stool trying to wash the vaseline off his hands using more vaseline as soap. He had the stuff smeared on his entire right cheek and into his ear. It took a lot of soap to degrease him.
I think that was the same night he fell asleep in his booster seat while eating dinner. His bites kept getting slower and slower and it got increasingly difficult for him to keep his eyes open. He finally gave in and fell asleep in his chair. I leaned him against the wall while I finished eating. We changed him, washed his face and put him in bed without waking him.
Tonight Mindy worked so I had the challenge of trying to feed the boys alone. It is a good thing they are not relying on me for all meals without any assistance. I don't know how Mindy does it. The boys would be malnourished if I was supposed to feed them all three meals without any help. Cole was being difficult with his pickiness so I had to resort to the "sure thing", ranch dressing. He got some bread with ranch as the primer to get him eating. At one point I looked at him and he was sitting there holding onto the bottle of ranch like it was his favorite toy. It was really sweet.
A Serious Case of the Blahs
8 years ago
3 comments:
Nope, silence with girls is the same. Today Sofie started pulling out the pins from the bottom hinges on the doors.
I am still amazed that Cole just falls asleep in his booster seat and that you can get him ready to bed without waking him. You guys must do a great job of wearing him out.
Come to Pittsburgh! We have an awesome metal slide built into the hill at a local playground. The kids bring cardboard to slide on and go even faster (and farther). I will have to take pictures and post. It is so much fun, and they get tired out from climbing the hill repeatedly.
By the way, your use of lie was correct (was that this post?):)
Your boys are hilarious. Occasionally silence at our house means someone has fallen asleep, usually it does not bode well.
Post a Comment