Good news. We're moving next week. We're moving two units north to a 3-br apartment. We're excited to have a separate rooms for Cole and Parker so Parker can nap in his crib during the day without Cole waking him, and so that Parker can cry himself back to sleep when he wakes up at 4am, as opposed to the current situation of us sprinting to the room to grab him before he wakes up Cole. When we're unsuccessful one of us will often end up sleeping on the floor of his room next to Cole's bed until he's asleep. It is wonderful.
Other news: We may be heading to Sierra Vista next spring for another mall expansion job. Sierra Vista is about 90 miles southeast of Tucson. I know, you're thinking "in Mexico?!". Not quite. 15 miles north of the border. We drove down there a few weeks ago. It is a tiny town, but it was pretty and green. It reminded me of my time out in east San Diego county on my mission with all the Border Patrol activity.
We weighed Cole last week because he just seemed to be getting heavy. 34 pounds. Yep! 22 months and 34lbs. We love our teddy bear/tank of a boy. Parker went to the doctor last week, he's trying to catch up. He'll be six months next week and he weighs 19lbs.
On 7/26 Mindy and I saw Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers at the Rialto Theater here in Tucson. It was a great show and we had a good time.
Yesterday (8/30/08) we went to the Tucson Children's Museum. It is in the former Carnegie Library. Cole's favorite exhibits by far were the Police motorcycle with the lights and siren, the fire truck cab and the model trains. He kept running away from us to go back to those rooms. Afterward we drove to the BMW motorcycle dealership just to see a bike (I'm not selling the current one or buying a new one-for a few years) and when he saw the motorcycles he took off running for them.
I spent two nights in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago for work. One night I stayed in the guest bedroom of our home. We miss our home, but we are glad to be in Tucson. The really fun part of that trip was the migraine that came on as I headed to return the rental car. I got the car turned in, and got on the bus to the airport. I was rushing to make an earlier flight so I didn't stop and get any painkillers. I stood in line for a while waiting to change my flight before I learned that I could change it at the gate. On my way to security I got some water and advil. I sweated my way through the checkpoint, the whole time trying not to fall over or have one of the TSA winners think I was on drugs and arrest me. I made it to the gate, changed my flight and slept on the floor of the terminal for two hours as the flight kept getting pushed back. It was a good time.
Probably the funniest part of that whole trip was as I was lying on the floor in my own private hell alternating between sweating and the chills, some really loud-talking old lady (the kind who tells the world her history without prompting) was talking to another woman with her 6-8 year old child and the mom said the boy was a bit of a surprise, and proceeded to tell the old lady about the trip she and her husband took to Hawaii. At the end of the story the old lady (this was all heard, and not seen because the light made my head want to explode at this point) says so all within 25' can hear, and directed to the boy "So you were conceived in Hawaii?!" I nearly died.
Well, that is all for now. We'll try to be better about this. I've got some pictures I'll try to upload this week, although I may be on the road two nights this week, and unable to get to it.
A Serious Case of the Blahs
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment