Have I mentioned that I despise flat paint? I spent 3 hours running around with a paintbrush touching up the walls so it looked respectable for the realtor to take photos. Sure, we have two boys who like to drive things on the walls, and who sometimes touch the walls, but it was absurb how much painting I had to do. At least I know that the leasing company isn't very bright and certainly will not notice that the paints appear to be slightly different in color and sheen. That's what happens with flat paint. Back at Pulte I remember the switch to flat paint because it saved $20 in paint and $50 in labor. We couldn't match anything. The painters had to leave the exact bucket in the house for any touchup work. It was a disaster. Oh, and one more thing. Those houses were selling for $300,000. Last I checked many are listed for $120,000. I don't think the extra $150 in the selling price of the house to cover the semi-gloss paint would have helped.
When we moved out of the house in Las Vegas (which had been lived in for four years - although there was only one year of a child in that house) there was almost no paint touch up required. It wasn't flat paint.
Are my feelings about flat paint clear?
A Serious Case of the Blahs
8 years ago
7 comments:
Don't you love how cheap builders can be sometimes? I am happy to report that we don't use flat paint...although the painter always leaves the remaining paint in the houses for touch-ups anyway.
If you use a paint that is actually the same (or at least extremely close) from batch to batch, the painters can leave paint from any bucket as part of the touch-up kit. It also helps when the touch-up paint is gone and the formula can actually be used to reproduce the paint. Being able to do this gets the painter out of the business of bucket-management and into painting, where they are generally a whole lot more proficient.
Why is google asking me for the word verification?
I don't know, google always asks me for it on your blog. And I'm really bad at it apparently, because I get it wrong the first time about half the time...
You want to see scary paint, come check out our walls . . . ;)
We're really glad we were able to get the exact color names for our final work, so we didn't have to repaint the whole wall or ceiling. Can't tell where the old paint ends and the new paint starts...
Martin...as in the Glass clan?
Of course! Let us know when you're going to be in town again..
Post a Comment