So I found that previous post in the drafts when I logged in just now. It has been almost two weeks. The stats test is done and returned. I got an 86 on it. I was thrilled, the average was 80. I could describe the grades in statistics language, but I won't. That week turned out to be an insane one. Something that Tuesday was nuts, oh yes, I went to Tucson for the day and I wasn't able to do much of my preparation for class on Wednesday. Then the teacher had me be a case grader for the in-class case discussion which meant that I had a paper due within 24 hours of the completion of the discussion. I had a hectic day on Thursday which included a trip to one of the plant nurseries that was closing a location and having a huge sale. I then got sick that evening right as I finished my paper. It was a long night. Friday was a bit of a wild day since Mindy and I were both feeling lousy. We both took long naps that afternoon. Parker was asleep at the same time and luckily Cole didn't do anything horrible to himself or the house during that time. On Saturday morning our HT took me to the nursery and we got the plants for the yard. We got them for about 1/4 of the list price. I tried digging the hole for the first one when I got home and the ground was like concrete. It was mechanically compacted clay. So I headed to Home Depot to rent a chipping hammer (think small electric 25-40lb jackhammer) to dig the holes. I was still feeling lousy and weak, so I had to take a break about every 10 minutes. We got the holes dug by about 3pm and I returned the hammer. I then had to write my portion of the project paper for my Organizational Behavior class, shower and get to a Stake Center in Tempe for Priesthood session. Immediately after that I had a team meeting for the OB paper.
Sunday was much more civilized.
I had a case study paper due on Wednesday so that took a chunk of time on Monday and Tuesday. I was on campus studying from about 3-8pm on Tuesday. Then on Tuesday afternoon Ledcor CMI called and left a message for me on Mindy's cell phone. CMI is the Civil, Mining and Infrastructure branch of Ledcor. They have an office in Phoenix and I had sent my resume to them in August and never heard back. I called them on Wednesday and the guy said he wanted to talk to me on Thursday. I went to their office on Thursday and the guy asked me if I could create project schedules. I said yes and he started talking about all the work they need done, and that we would have a meeting on Friday to discuss a specific schedule. So I now have two part time jobs. We feel incredibly blessed because we didn't know what we were going to do when the Tucson job wrapped up.
I had an OB project meeting from 4-8pm Friday night, and another one today from 1-5pm. We've now got it all written and making sense. Now we just need to polish up the references and that kind of stuff.
This morning I took the boys to find a sprinkler supply store. On our way to the store we passed a motorcycle dealership that seemed to have a lot going on, so we stopped at it on the way back. They were have a big sale and the factory truck was there and they were doing demo rides. I signed up and then took the boys home and sped back there on my bike. I got to test ride a BMW RT1200R. It was really comfortable, I just wish I'd had more time to get comfortable on it and really enjoy it. Maybe if my dad listens to me, he'll buy one and then I can borrow his.
Please email Mindy asking for the posts about the boys...there is lots to tell and she's had all kinds of fun with them recently.
A Serious Case of the Blahs
8 years ago
1 comment:
I can't believe they're having you do obstetrics in business school! Just kidding. How are your plants doing? I assume you then had to add a bunch of soil to the holes.
Post a Comment