Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend o'fun - an old post, never posted.

I'm glad the weekend & Monday are done. We both spoke on Sunday and Mindy also taught Gospel Doctrine (she is now one of the two teachers). Then I had a mid-term tonight in statistics. I am happy to say that it went much better than any statistics test I have ever taken before. I did bomb statistics ten years ago this semester as an undergrad. I'm glad the experience is not repeating itself. Cole woke up crying last night at around 11. The crazy part is that by 11pm, he had gotten almost as much sleep as I usually get (he fell asleep while we were getting dinner ready at 5:30) We tried to calm him down by letting him sleep in our bed, mainly because we were both too tired to get up with him. After getting kicked a number of times I asked Cole if he wanted to go to his bed. He said yes and hopped up and went to his room, pulling me by the finger. His finger pull is not a pull you resist, unless you have an extra finger to lose. He crawled up on his bed and I fell asleep on the bottom bunk. He thought it was pretty funny that I was in there when he woke up.

Our neighbors were without a car yesterday so they walked to church. It is about 1/2 mile and she got blisters. Mindy gave her a ride home and I walked with Cole as he ran all the way home. I think I've found a new way to wear him out. Maybe I'll start walking to church with him. There was a family in my last area on my mission whose little boy would fall asleep during sacrament meeting and then sleep under the bench for the rest of the block. This is something to aspire to.

Cole is doing well in nursery. He plays well and no longer pummels the other kids, and enjoys eating (they make grilled chesse sandwiches for the kids), but doesn't do singing time. When I picked him up yesterday, ... 10-10-2009 I don't know where this was going, so here it is.

No comments: