Sunday, April 12, 2009

04-12-09

So I've posted some new photos on Facebook.

Other new things.

We got called as Nursery leaders at church. I missed the first day with a migraine. I would have preferred getting barfed on by a 2-year-old. Parker likes that he now gets to go to nursery every Sunday.

Last week I finished reading Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. Interesting book. I recommend it. Mom, Thank you for sending it, the hold list at the library was 350 people long.

I'm Currently reading Three Cups of Tea. Inspiring tale... Check out the website of the Central Asia Institute. https://www.ikat.org/.

On the nightstand for the coming weeks, 1984 by George Orwell, and Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. I've never read 1984, but I've heard it mentioned a lot, so I decided to borrow it from the library.

New photos were added on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=158208&id=1534962567&l=dfa93937a8

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=159827&id=1534962567&l=a6635f3b2e

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=159829&id=1534962567&l=466051f102

4 comments:

Laura said...

lol. I'm currently on the waiting list at the library for Three Cups of Tea. I hope it is good because I recomended it to my bookclub (something I never do). Let me know how it goes for you!!

P.S. 1984 wasn't my favorite, but my taste in books tends to be "unique." ;) Enjoy!

Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew said...

Its going well. I was up until almost midnight reading it last night.

Rachel said...

I just finished reading Three Cups of Tea (as did Dave). Did mom tell you to read it? It gets particularly interesting as it gets closer to present day and I think it's something good for all Americans to have an 'insiders'' perspective on the Afghanistan thing.

I really liked 1984, but it was years ago that I read it.

So are you in nursery every week or do you alternate with another couple?r