Sunday, April 26, 2009

The great rollercoaster & stuff

So, some of you know what is going on with us and some of you don't. In the last week we have been told to start packing because we're headed to Denver, to pack because we're going to Las Vegas and finally to just sit and wait. The sit and wait came after giving notice to the apartment complex, Mindy's work, the Ward and the EQ, purchasing moving supplies and reserving a truck. Since we really DO NOT know what we're doing, and there is nothing to do at work, since we disconnected the phones and canceled the power, we're heading north for a few weeks starting 5/5. Mindy needs to escape Tucson and it is just starting to warm up.

We went to the pool twice this past week. On Monday we all went. Cole loved it and Parker liked it by the end. The best part was that they both slept for 11 hours that night. I took Cole on Tuesday and Parker was sad he didn't get to go.


5-8-09

This new post has taken forever to get out. I figure that if Maryanne can manage to post pictures and go on a full-fledged family vacation, I ought to be able to get a small update out.

So we're now in Utah. The boys are loving it. Cole doesn't even come into our room in the morning. He just bolts up the stairs and starts pulling at the back door and yelling "Outside, outside". A side benefit is that he is having no issues sleeping at night. He has had meltdowns at dinner the last two nights and gone to bed at 6:45 or 7 and slept for 12-1/2 hours. Parker is sleeping about the same amount. We even brought the critters with us. That was a good time on the drive up Tuesday. Jack complained intermittently the entire time despite his being doped up.

Well, that is about all for us. Yesterday Cole and I went to Sandy to find that the ATM there didn't take deposits. Note for all BofA users, there is nowhere in the state of Utah to make a deposit, so plan ahead. We stopped at Cabela's on the way home and he thought that was great. He also thought that riding in grandpa's truck was great.

Check out the pictures on facebook. The first link is of Easter and the egg hunting and the cake. Mindy has picked up on Maryanne's tradition of building a cake for each holiday.

The second link is for the photos at the Desert Botanic Garden and the Chihuly glass exhibit there. I'll add the ones of the snakes, lizards and bobcat that we saw in the past two weeks behind the apartment.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=159829&id=1534962567&l=466051f102


http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=161506&id=1534962567&l=90811a7838



1 comment:

Maryanne said...

I'm glad you're all having a fun time and that the boys are sleeping so well. I hope it's a restful break from all the craziness for all of you. And I'm so honored to have inspired a tradition! Really, I never would have guessed it.