So Cole and I went for a walk today. We walked up to the library, read some books and then headed out for some more running. As we headed back past the library on our way home Cole made a break for a window on the back of the library. There was a mullion (metal piece of frame between two pieces of glazing) at mouth height. His mouth met the mullion before his hands on the glass brought him to a stop. The result was an instant mouthful of blood. He just kept bleeding. So here we are behind the library and I'm trying to figure out where all this blood is coming from. Meanwhile I'm using my handkerchief to keep most of it off his shirt, and he's got blood on his hands and all over his face and on the collar of his shirt (luckily it was brown). I also had blood on the sleeve of my shirt and on my hands and forearm. A few people asked if everything was okay, and one lady was kind enough to tell me about when her kid split his lip open. Just what I needed, an anecdote. A librarian came out the back door and had us come into the employee break room where we both cleaned up and found that Cole only had a little cut on his upper lip.
We then walked/ran home so Cole could eagerly tell his "mama" about the blood on his shirt. He is now asleep and as sweet as ever.
A Serious Case of the Blahs
8 years ago
2 comments:
They really are so sweet when they sleep, aren't they?
P.S. Have you ever considered adding music? j/k ;)
Something about boys & blood... Glad he is OK. =)
Post a Comment