Sunday, February 1, 2009

This kid can sleep anywhere

Written Sunday night.

We've found that Cole really needs his exercise in order to go to bed at a decent hour, so I try to take him out every day after work and at least once a day on the weekend to walk/run for a while. Today we took a long walk, especially when you take into account how short his legs are. It was about 2.5 miles round trip. He did well for most of the outbound portion, but things fell apart on the return trip. He insisted on being carried, which with him weighing something north of 40 pounds is no easy task. So for a while I carried him in my arms, then I put him on my shoulders, which worked well until I felt him swaying all over (because he was falling asleep). So I carried him a bit longer in my arms until I needed a break. We sat down on a curb and he promptly put his head on my leg and fell asleep. I took pictures. After resting for about 10 minutes I picked him up and carried him the rest of the way home. I tried to force him to walk and wake up a couple of times, but all that proved is that he can walk quite well with his eyes closed (and I'm pretty sure he was still asleep). So now I am tired and Cole is still awake.

Note: We're sitting on the curb of a walking path separated from the street by a large mound of dirt covered with brush.






2 comments:

Sarah and Jesse said...

HAHA.. thats awesome! I wish i was able to do that.

Maryanne said...

Hey Andrew, Think of it as bodybuilding! I wish we could go outside without crying b/c of the cold :(