It is now Saturday (now Monday). Time flies when you're having fun. We have had a good week- wet but good. It rained Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Tuesday night we tried to go to the zoo lights at the Tucson Zoo, but it was closed. So we drove through downtown to see if we could spot any trains heading through since Cole thinks trains are the greatest thing ever- without success. We went by work and retrieved my computer and were grateful we had no need to go inside the mall.
The downstairs neighbors were gone for a few days which was really nice since their ears aren't old enough to not hear the boys thumping around up here. Cole and I wrestled for a while before he went to bed.
On Christmas eve we went to Tombstone. I ought to scan the cemetery guide they gave us. For a small town of 15,000, there seemed to be a disproportionately large number of people who died violent deaths, but I guess mining towns weren't where old folks were living, so the majority of people dying in those towns would have been from accidents or murders.
Mindy made a nice dinner, but both of the boys were having the meltdown of the quarter, so it was far from relaxing or pleasant. We got them to bed and Mindy and I stayed up for a while and got the gifts set out. Our "Christmas tree" this year was our red armchair. We piled the gifts on it and in front of it.
Our visitor this Christmas was Wile E. Coyote. As we were about to open the gifts I heard some people out on the golf course behind us yelling. I looked out and they were yelling at a coyote which was at that point standing about 25' from them. They got in the golf cart and drove off and I got out the camera and took some pictures. It rained a lot of the day so we stayed inside and played. In the late afternoon I took Cole for a walk (he ran) out on the golf course. It was probably about 1/2 mile. He ate a little when we got back and went to bed at a decent hour.
A Serious Case of the Blahs
8 years ago
1 comment:
Gotta love dinnertime. You never know when it's going to be WWIII. I tell Jared it seems like feeding time at the zoo on a good day, and one of the rings of hell on a bad one...
Post a Comment