We haven't done anything really exciting in the last week. It looks like we'll be moving this weekend. I'm excited to get the boys in their own rooms, and Mindy is really looking forward to that. I'm excited to get it over with. Moving is a pain. The turn-over date continues to move. I'm beginning to wonder if Ledcor is responsible for this apartment getting prepared. They've painted and installed new carpet.
Cole has started a new routine. He wants to be read to for a few minutes and then go to his room. I then have to lay on the floor for a few minutes while he relaxes. Then I get up and leave. He sings and talks practices new sounds, and wiggles around. This continues for 20-30 minutes before he falls asleep. It is really cute.
Parker had an ice cream cone for his 6-month birthday. The next day he refused his formula. He now knows there is better stuff out there than his lousy formula. He has started eating a lot of the baby food. He really likes the bananas. He will eat an entire container of the stuff-- one is supposed to last for two meals. It helps him to sleep better at night.
We don't know what time he would wake up, because since he stopped waking up at 5am to eat and spending the rest of the night in our bed (by 5am I am up for the day), Cole has been climbing into the crib in the morning. They both think that is a great activity and laugh and giggle at one another.
We'll be adding photos of the ice cream eating and a few other things.
Parker is now rolling to wherever he wants to go. He'll roll all the way across the living room. He's really proud of himself. He still doesn't have any teeth, but he is spending a lot of time with his hand in his mouth.
I spent last Thursday and Friday (4th & 5th) in Las Vegas for meetings. They put us in the Green Valley Ranch. It was really nice. I walked over to the District and ate at a seafood restaurant for dinner. On the way back to my room I saw a sign for Blues every Thursday night in one of the bars in the casino. I wandered over to the place and watched John Lee Hooker Jr. for about a 1/2 hour. It was pretty cool. The trip was productive and it was good to get away from the mayhem of the jobsite.
I grabbed lunch in the airport on Friday thinking my flight was at 1:30. I headed for the gate at 12:50 and wondered why there was a big line of people waiting to get on the plane. It turned out my flight was at 1:10. I made the flight. I took a cab home from the airport. Thank goodness the company was paying that bill. It cost $83 to get home from the airport. I don't think I'll do that again. Cole and Parker were both really excited to see me. Mindy was mildly excited to have me home and Jack bit my leg.
It is raining right now. I love the rain here. It rarely rains during the day, so I can ride to work and be dry. When it rains, the lightening is great and it pours. By morning everything is dry and the air is clean.
A Serious Case of the Blahs
8 years ago
1 comment:
I got all excited when I heard you were moving, but it sounds like not back here. =( Any idea when you will be back? We miss you guys here.
Post a Comment