Sunday, September 14, 2008

September 18, 2008

This is probably going to quite random.

We moved to the 3-br apartment last weekend. We started on Thurdsday night and were moved in sufficiently to sleep here Friday night and by Saturday night were pretty much done moving in and moving all our satuff over here. We walked what seemed like many miles and made endless trips up the stairs. The new place is nice and the views are even better than at the last one--those who have been here this may find this hard to believe, but it is true.

Parker went to the doctor last week to have his kidney looked at. He had an enlarged kidney in-utero, and it continues to be enlarged. They've ruled out the worst of the possibilities, and he is going in next week for an additional test. I got to watch Cole (at work with me) during that doctor trip and in the space of two hours he colored, drank syrup like it was water and took a swig of one of my co-worker's coffee when I had my back turned. One of the guys I work with said Cole came walking back into our office with a coffee cup in his hand, a mouthful of the stuff and a look of disgust on his face, after which he forced the gulp and downed the stuff.

We stood a building last week at work and this week started standing the precast parking deck. We get about 20 trucks a day with one or two pieces on each. It looks like Macy's is trying to open a Flying J in their parking lot. On a sad note, we had a concrete worker fall off the second floor of the building this morning as he was finishing up the slab that was poured last night. He landed on his head and is in rough shape.

I think I mentioned it in a post a few months ago, but we saw Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers in concert at the end of July. I found six of their CDs on Amazon for a total of $60 including shipping. I saw the previous incarnation of the band The Refreshments in '96, and got a couple of their CDs about seven years ago. It is good clean rock. We're really enjoying the CDs. They are an independent band and well worth the $10-25 per ticket that their shows typically cost. Check them out at http://www.azpeacemakers.com where you can listen to some of their songs.

Parker is rolling all over the place and hurting because his teeth are coming in. Cole has learned to say "No" and to open doors. That has been a lot of fun. He is also learning to say "daddy". This evening Mindy needed my help and called "Andrew" and Cole hollered "daddy". It was really cute. Every day when I get home from work and take off my helmet he wants to put it on. Today I got out my old one out so we each had one on--he thought that was great.

4 comments:

Jennifer B said...

Sounds like the new place is going to be great. I love the work story. Isn't it funny what they can get into in such a short amount of time.

Maryanne said...

Hey are you really Andrew writing? It's very confusing :) It's funny that Cole should drink syrup because that's what Charlie does every time he can get hold of the syrup bottle. And he does it with honey too. Coffee I do think I've kept him off of so far...

By the way, this is a Butler family specific comment, but things "lie" unless they're in the past tense or they have an object (like "I lay down to sleep"-- it happened in the past, but "I lie down next to him so he can fall asleep,") Don't worry, though, this seems to be a Butler specific beef, everyone else I know gets it wrong and I can't correct them b/c they're not family :) Thanks for keeping us updated. You can correct my run-on sentence, it's fair game.

Mindy Sue said...

It is amost always Andrew writing, I couldn't get my gmail login to work, so I use Mindy's. When I wrote that sentence I thought of the which one to use; and I apparently chose the wrong one. I even thought of dad correcting me and then giving the explanation. Good times. I'll have to refer to your blog comment from now on when writing. :)

Maryanne said...

Hey, I neglected to mention that although Charlie hasn't chugged coffee, he has chugged coffee creamer on a few occasions. That dry stuff-- it was quite a shock to him and he gagged on it and then tried to spit it out but it was all stuck to his tongue and the insides of his mouth. Fun stuff. There's a little counter in the lobby of Laura's dance class that has the creamer, cups, and coffee pots (which have never had any coffee in them) which Charlie likes to make messes out of whenever he can. I love the pictures of the boys. I can't believe Parker's already 6 months old!