So I was supposed to have an 8:30 phone interview with Cisco. It was using their WebEx software. I didn't know if that meant it would be a video interview, so I put on my suit and tie and put a vase of flowers behind me so that the background wasn't just a blank wall. I called in early too. It is now 8:58 and nobody has entered the meeting on their end. I've emailed several people and called the one person whose phone number I have. I guess if I was in charge of university recruiting I wouldn't put my phone number at the bottom of my emails either. So now what do I do? Mindy took the cell phone with her and we don't have call waiting. I think back to high school when there was one phone line and that was it. We never even had an answering machine while I lived at home. There certainly wasn't the internet and we didn't feel disconnected from the world. Sure, it was sometimes inconvenient and there were a few warm contentions about who was hogging the phone. Really, what were we talking about with friends for what seemed like hours at a time? I can understand my kids talking for hours at a time since they're not bound by any need for continuity in conversation, but then, Mindy would say that neither am I. Wow, I wandered away from the topic of that paragraph. It is now 9:15 and still nothing. Guess I'll just wait until 9:30 and see what happens. Maybe California wanted to be different and not change their clocks.
I forgot one really funny thing from last week. I was in the office working on stuff, Mindy was in the kitchen and the boys were upstairs. There was a whole lot of yelling and laughing and banging. Mnindy went up there and both of the boys had plastic buckets (about the size of a 1gal. ice cream bucket) on their heads - covering their eyes? you might ask. Of course. And they were running at each other knocking each other down (Parker was doing most of the falling) and having the time of their lives. They kept at it until Parker got injured- this is how most games end - and we took the buckets away. Cole has an awesome scratch on his neck that looks like we tied something around his neck.
A Serious Case of the Blahs
8 years ago
2 comments:
Weird. Did you ever hear from them?
I'm sad he got hurt, naturally, but I have to admit that last sent. will crack me up for at least the next 20 minutes.
Post a Comment