I can not believe that three years have already gone by! This was a really fun birthday with Cole because this was the first year he caught on to his birthday coming (not that I would have expected him to catch on any earlier!). Any time a package would come in the month of October Cole would ask if it was for his birthday. He was pretty disappointed, mind you, when the packages were for daddy's work or were skirts for mommy from grandma. When the packages from both grandparents did arrive, he was supper excited!
We decided that since Andrew had work and class all day on Cole's birthday, we would have a little family party for him the night before. Cole chose brownies for his cake with peanut butter chips and pecans. It was a fun night!

Our BIG three year old!

Parker was excited to be partying!

Deanna (Grandma Butler) made this very cute card for Cole! (Andrew makes a great Vanna)
Cole opening his present from Grandpa and Grandma Brimley (Gary and LeAnn)! (This was the first toy that Cole has actually asked for, so it was fun to see the surprise when he actually received it!)
Grandpa and Grandma Butler (Mark and Deanna) sent these awesome wooden subway trains. Cole was very excited about them. The next day Cole was looking for them and found that his father put them up so that they could be admired on the fireplace mantle and not played with. When I mentioned this to Deanna, she said that she would be happy to send Andrew his own trains so that Cole could play with his set!

Cole was with me at the store when I purchased his fire engine. For a couple of days he kept asking if he could play with it (there were tears, I will admit!). We kept telling Cole that he would get it for his birthday - he was soooo excited when he
finally got it. He played and played with it that night. It was getting late but we let Cole enjoy the moment of his new toy. At one point, things all of a sudden got very quiet. (cont. to picture below)

I went into the room to see what had happened to Cole and this is what I found . . . out cold!
1 comment:
What a fun birthday! I want some of those trains too! (though I don't need them :)). Thanks for putting up so many pictures-- it's great to see how big the boys are getting.
Post a Comment